- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara pasta sauce (homemade here, minus the meat)
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- minced parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan (I used a regular glass loaf dish as in the photo above) with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Try not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough. Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf.
Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.
Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
*(new cooking time added, mine usually takes 1 hr for 2 lbs meat)